Senior Support Worker for Mark
Mark is currently building his team that he wants to support him when he moves into his own home in August. This is a great opportunity to work from the start in a brand new team.
Position/s: £24,000 (per annum)
Salary: Senior Support Worker
Closing Date: 2nd October 2023
Ref Code: LG/SM
Essential for this job
Must have a full licence and access to a car
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- Critical Illness cover, reassurance when you need it the most
- Life Insurance, reassurance for your family when they need it the most
- A really good mandatory induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life.
Mark is a mischievous young man who is currently residing in Midpark hospital. He has autism and a learning disability and he will be moving into his own home in August. He is recruiting a support team to work with him during the transition and support him in his own home when he moves. Mark is lively with some impulsive tendencies and he does not have any verbal communication, he needs his team to be understanding and patient with him while he gets used to living in his own home. As the senior support worker, you must be able to demonstrate these skills and work with Mark in a compassionate way. Mark is at his best in an outdoors environment, he loves wildlife and nature and good structured surroundings. When chilling out he likes to watch Netflix and he loves spicy food.
He will take time to process requests and instructions, you should be a confident individual with the ability to express empathy. Part of your duties will include supporting the team leader with the rota, helping with absence, organising training for the team and liaising with other professionals and Mark’s family. In return we can offer a great working environment with the chance to make a real difference to Mark’s life. We offer training and development that supports both your professional and personal development and the opportunity to work towards a recognised professional qualification.
Ideally you will:
- Be looking to develop your leadership skills
- Be happy to work as part of a small team
- Have some similar interests to Mark
- Have an understanding of Autism
- Have a good level of IT skills
- Understand the importance of person-centred work
- Have some good communication skills
- Be committed to the values of inclusion.
A PVG Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits Dumfries and Galloway, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 Months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Are you interested in this job?
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like more information or want to know more about working for Beyond Limits Dumfries and Galloway, please use the Expression of Interest form below.
Apply for this job now ...
You can apply with our Online Application Form or download and complete the PDF Application Form using Adobe Reader or Acrobat. You can also print and complete the PDF form by hand.
Download the PDF Application form
Help filling in PDF forms (this link opens in new window):
Please collect the information you need to complete this form before starting. We recommend completing the form in one session.
- PVG number if you have one
- Your education history with dates
- Your employment history with dates.
Your references (only used if we offer you a job)
- Name and address of your current or most recent employer
- Name and address of Previous employer
- Name and address of Character references.